Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mama's Daughters' Diner




This is Barbara, and she is a rock-star watiress at Mama's Daughters' Diner on Industrial avenue. They have fantastic food, and you have to love any place where there are multiple waitresses who remind you of Flo from the tv show Alice. They all call you "honey," "sweetie" and/or "sugar," and here you'll find some pure-dee home cookin' royale. Delicious. Barbara has great style and always wears big jewelry, long dangling sparkly earrings, and enormous smoky sunglasses.

Barbara and I laughed our heads off - she is the coolest woman, and one of my heroines.

5 Comments:

Blogger FHB said...

Kiss My Gritts!

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks very groovy :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

fathairybastard - you wish, sugar!

anne - She IS groovy. I love her.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I never knew what 'grits' meant in this context, but I assume it has something to do with human anatomy after reading the heated exchange here. I'd LOVE to be served a weak, hot coffee and a great big apple pie with a mountain of ice cream by Barbara. One day....

6:26 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

meg - *L* I suppose "kiss my grits" could be an insult or an invitation, depending on tone! Well, next time you're in town, meg, we're going to Mama's Daughters' - their pies are incredible. Once I was eating lunch there and the 3 ladies at the next table were considering dessert. One lady ordered a piece of pie, and the waitress pressured them by saying "come on now, ladies, don't make her do this alone." They all had a slab of pie each. I loved the waitress for that. They were older ladies I suspected didn't get out much, so it was adorable to see them having a grand time.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links