Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Samuel


I'm an eccentric person, so I'm usually drawn to other eccentrics when I see them. This guy caught my eye and made me smile. He walks along the street with a walker bedecked with all he'll need for his walkabout. I don't think he's homeless: I think he has his own particular way of doing things. He has cup holders and several big lights and a full speaker system that blasts Hank Williams Jr.'s Family Tradition as he shuffles along. I met him as I was leaving an art opening Sunday afternoon, and he put a steering wheel lock on the bottom of his walker to keep anyone from absconding with it while he was inside.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

What a fun guy! Hope you had a good conversation with him. Vet maybe?

10:53 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

I don't know anything about him, really, Kate. He was arriving as I was leaving. I'll seek him out and try to talk to him next time - he looks really interesting. I loved the holiday cheer shirt - he seemed jolly.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Looks like a proud American, doesn't he? I'm inclined to agree about him not being homeless, phleghmmy. He appears a lot cleaner than most of the homeless I've encountered. And that's a pretty big grin he's got there.

8:15 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

myron - Yeah, he sure does, and getting into the Christmas spirit, too. He seems a jolly soul, and I'm looking forward to seeing him again sometime. I'm going to print out a passel of his photograph and give to him next time I see him - he'd probably like to have pictures of himself to autograph for people.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

I thought for a minute this was a funny motorcycle! And what a great idea about giving him photos for his autograph.

12:05 PM  
Blogger FHB said...

Marching to his own drummer, doin' his own thing, mindin' his own bineth. If only more of us were able to live as lightly on the land as this gentleman.

12:41 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

meg - it's the least I can do - I have had more than one smile thinking about him - what a cool guy!

fathairybastard - Indeed - an iconoclast. Long may he wave!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Curly said...

He looks like a really fun type who enjoys his life whatever the weather!

Curly's Photoshop

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links