Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Downtown From Stemmons Expressway Northbound



Held out the camera while driving and shot. Happily, I captured the drive-by view of the West end of Downtown Dallas, including the 100+ year old Old Red Courthouse at the fore of downtown. If you can see the bridge with the cars driving under it toward the viewer, the bridge says "Elm" on the left. Where the cars at the back are is almost precisely the spot where JFK was shot.

This is going to be the last downtown shot for a bit - I think you need to see something else. Buck N Ruck, for example, which is what I'll post tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger edwin s said...

Aah, driving and taking photos. Once one of my fave past-times. Great result this drive-by of yours!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Drive-by shooting? Et tu. Phelgmy!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

This is a catchy photo and as soon as I looked at it I wondered if the red building was near the area where Kennedy was shot. I was in that building a year ago and walking around the area, remembering that day of tragedy.

Thanks for coming by and commenting on my Little Rock blogspot.

3:51 PM  
Blogger FHB said...

You ever been up in the 6th floor museum?

10:47 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

edwin s - Thanks - it was fun!

meg - Yup, me too, babe - snap 'em if ya got 'em!

annie - Yup, dealy plaza where jfk was shot is just before you get to the red courthouse. Same place. You were there. You're so welcome - I'm originally from Arkansas, so I love seeing images of the place. Cheers!

fathairybastard - Nope, I've driven by the building a million times, but I've never been sucked into the conspiracy thrall...

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links