Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hickory House Beer Sign


Well, it seems there's no end of the juicy bits of Industrial avenue, so here we are again. Hickory House is a barbecue joint on Industrial just below the beautiful 1930s Zang bridge which links Oak Cliff to downtown.

I LOVE Hickory House Barbecue for never re-painting this sign - it's beautiful. Sadly, the green neon that reads "breakfast" in reverse was not lit that day even though its glow is hard to miss on the brightest days. I'll snap it again next time I see it on.

8 Comments:

Blogger . said...

that's one beautiful beer sign. Is that papier mache all over it? It looks like it's constantly evolving. I'd drink there for sure.

11:07 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, I love this one. Actually, the silvery bits are where the original pot-metal structure of the sign are showing through peeled-off layers of paint. It's perfect, isn't it?

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"MMM BEEEER!"

2:19 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Sorta makes you thirsty just looking at it, doesn't it?

8:37 AM  
Blogger WhiskyTangoFoxtrot said...

Fyi, Stevie Ray was from Oak Cliff.

God, I miss that guy. No chance of getting rid of Eric Clapton anytime soon either.

10:22 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, SRV is sorely missed. I was never a Clapton fan, either, though I do recognize the mastery there. Stevie was golden, absolutely adorable. He had some heartache that really made me want to hug him. I'm just glad he got his life sorted out before the end, because if he had been unhappy when he died, that would have been the greatest tragedy for him. Bless him.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my uncle herbert owned hickory house bbq and the club in back and the liquor store next to it. The waitresses wore roller skates.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YwxUBZ speman discount xgWHLB mestinon rx uFkyjl cordarone without prescription GdPvFI provera online mKHYYx phentermine pharmacy IUlybI diflucan 10mg LJpRZO zithromax order

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links