Friday, October 27, 2006

Foggy night in Dallas


Sorry to use a pic I posted earlier in the week on my other blog, but problems with my DSL company have plagued me and prevented me from even poting on some days recently. Next week I switch to internet through my cable provider, to my delight.

I loved this ghostly echo of the ring of lights. The light fixture is incredibly tall and over the intersection between a highway and a major city street. The lamps are on a big metal ring and a pulley mechanism inside the pole is utilized to lower the ring to change lamps, when necessary.

4 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

A beautiful photo and thanks for the explanation! At first glance I thought it was the moon and a alien space craft. :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Just Another Old Geezer said...

Good for you switching to cable. I love it. But remember, Blogger will still occasionally throw a hissy fit.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

A very strange, but interesting light sffect. Was that how you seen it through the viewfinder?

Curly's Photoshop

6:37 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

felicia - yeah, it does look like a space-ship - I should try to sell it to some cheesy tabloid

myron - Yeah, blogger will be blogger, after all, but you're right, the cable internet has GOT to be better than what I've been putting up with from the phone company.

curly - Yeah, isn't it interesting? No, the echo lights weren't visible through my lens, and I have a Canon Rebel XT which is SLR, so I was looking through the actual aperture when I aimed.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links