Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Starfish seafood joint on Davis



This structure probably started life as a Dairy Queen, which is a Texas chain of fast-food joints dating from the 50s. I'll need to post one of those, now, clearly.

Starfish has this really cool 50s era galaxy font, which really fits the style of the structure. I haven't eaten there, but it looks like it may have gumbo, crawdads and Cajun (Louisiana-style grub)> Neat place, and looks like the building had a very streamlined and well-designed make-over. I'll have to eat there and report back.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

My mom tells me I used to think Dairy Queen was heaven, and has heaps of photos from DQ in Minnesota and Arizona to prove it. She also admits to bribing me to do or not do things using a trip to DQ a carrot. You don't need a Dr Phil to figure out why I love ice cream, but I do.

12:18 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

meg - I'll have to put up some Dairy Queen photos next, then, including the DQ kiss - (their logo) which is also called the "texas stop sign."

Well, I'd say the DQ trip was a pretty good carrot. Did you ever have a Dilly Bar? I love ice cream, too.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Carla Denton said...

Hey--I've eaten there plenty of times and it's really yummi, the sweet potato fries are my fave and the desserts. I usually just show up on Friday evening and a bunch of folks from the neighborhood are there. You should try it!

Also, btw, I 'm a lampworker too! Synchronicities abound.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links