Saturday, August 05, 2006

First Baptist Church Downtown Dallas




These photos of First Baptist Church in downtown Dallas were taken yesterday afternoon. I love the huge neon sign (about 5 stories tall). In one photo you can see a big yellow crane erecting a new skyscraper on the north end of Downtown by the "canyon" expressway, or Woodall Rogers Expressway, if you want to be all proper about it.

This church is at 1707 San Jacinto(map here), but I took the photograph on the St. Paul St side of the building.

In the photo with the crane, note the mod 60s facade details of the building on the right. Like James Lileks says: "Nothing says 'yesterday' like something that said 'tomorrow.'"

1 Comments:

Blogger phlegmfatale said...

YAY! MY first Dallas Diorama comment. I LOVE you, chicken! I love Lileks too - he's hilarious. I've passed many a sleepless night with gut-busting laughter on his website! Good shit!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links