Monday, October 02, 2006

Texas Theater on Jefferson


The Texas Theater was where the Dallas Police apprehended Lee Harvey Oswald after the killing of JFK in Dallas. I was sad to see how delapidated the sign has been allowed to become, even though this is not the original sign from the facade. It's still a lovely piece of architecture, in my eyes. Around the upper right corner of the facade you can see that the original brickwork underneath the paint is two different colors of brick arrayed in a striped pattern. The stripes are clearly visible on the old photograph.

You can see a 1932 photograph of this structure over on today's post at my Fatale Abstraction blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Meg will love this picture.
It's still eye catching architecture (and history, not only JFK's, attached to it!).

4:57 AM  
Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Lovely piece of architecture?! Like George Bush is a fine figure of a man?!

7:44 AM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

ben - I hope she will. Meanwhile, I'm in full-tilt envy mode that she's off at that textile workshop!

arthur quiller couch - Actually, as I said, in my opinion it's lovely. And as for a fine figure, he's not perfect and I don't agree with a lot of what he's done, but I'll take George W. Bush as president over a sex offender and pathological liar any day.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links